Colette Miller, FCPA, FCA, ICD.D
Believe it or not, Wilde & Company has always been a part of my life as my Dad, Jerry Wilde FCA started the firm when we moved to Vegreville from Camrose in 1963. After receiving my CA designation in 1986, I became a partner and continue to enjoy working with business in rural Alberta. I still love the variety of work in public practice, the joy in helping clients succeed and the opportunity to contribute to our community.
I especially love working with agricultural and small business clients, helping them through effective tax strategies, finance and succession planning. Consulting and audit of municipalities, school divisions, and social organizations is another interesting area of practice. My business skills are enhanced through the personal experience of farming with my husband Craig on our mixed grain and cattle operation.
We have four married children, all having completed their university educations in business, engineering, education and aviation. I enjoy our frequent family get-togethers, outdoor activities including working cattle on horseback, Taichi, music, and entertaining the grandkids (now nine of them!). It is also very rewarding for me to meet new people, travel and expand my business networks.
- BComm, U of A, 1982
- FCA designation received in 2009; Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Alberta (ICAA) 1986
- ATB Financial, Director since 2009, Chair of HR committee and past Chair of Audit committee.
- AVAC Ltd., Director since 2010, Chair of Audit Committee
- Athabasca University Governor appointed in 2013, Chairing Audit committee and serving on Executive committee
- Designated as ICD.D by the Institute of Corporate Directors upon successful completion of Directors’ Education program
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Alberta (ICAA) Council for two terms 2004-2008, including term as Secretary Treasurer
- Member of Chartered Accountants School of Business (CASB) Mid-size Employer Advisory Committee and past participant in CASB Plagiarism Ad Hoc Committee
- Chartered Accountants Education Foundation Governor (CAEF) 2002-2004
- CICA Provincial Reviewer for the national Uniform Final Exam (UFE) 1998 to present (test write UFE prior to national administration of exam)
- Instruction – Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA) and Institute of Chartered Accountants of Alberta (ICAA) since 1991. Responsible for preparation of material and instruction of Municipal Audit course for over fifteen years
- AAMD&C, AUMA, Elected Officials Education Program (EOEP), Government Financial Officers Association (GFOA) and Local Government Administrators Association (LGAA) seminars
- Author of various articles as requested by the Institute (National Post, Alberta Venture, Spotlight, Focus)
- Profiled leader on the CICA website by the Women’s leadership Council
- Two terms as Secretary of Vegreville Rotary Club; ongoing member – Inbound Student Exchange, Youth Programs and Fund Raising (Lobsterfest) committees. 2010 Vegreville ‘Rotarian of the Year’ recipient.
- Present Board Member Wendy Brook Music Festival; responsible for adjudicator scheduling
- Community Master of Ceremonies – Annual Chamber of Commerce Awards Dinner, Music Festivals, other community events as requested
- In School Mentor Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Past Secretary-Treasurer of Board – 110 Workshop (presently ‘VALID’) (for mentally challenged adults)
- Former Secretary Treasurer and Director, Vegreville Agricultural Society